Page Margin Dialog Box/Context Menus disappearing.

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Dan_Knorr_Music
Finale Version: Finale 2014d
Operating System: Windows

Post by Dan_Knorr_Music » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:04 pm

Hello there,

I have seen several posts about these topics, but no advice in any threads have seemed to actually solve this issue.

I am using Finale 2014d/Windows 8.1 and I use two monitors: my Sony VAIO laptop connected via HDMI to my Asus 24" monitor. I have my screens oriented so the large Asus monitor is to the left of my laptop.

The issue I am having is this: when I have Finale open on the large screen (with that screen set as my "main display") my Edit Page Margins dialog box does not appear anywhere on either screen. The resolutions are set as high as possible on both screens, so nothing is extending beyond the view of the screen. To solve this issue, I set my small screen as the "main display" so I can see my Margins box again. Somehow by having the small screen set as the main display, it allows the Margins dialog box to appear.

However, when this screen is my active main display, the right click context menus always appear on the small screen, even if Finale is open on the large screen. I have deleted the .ini files several times, and restarted both my computer and Finale. It is only these two elements that seem to be affected, and somehow in tandem with each other.

Please help me solve this issue, I have never ever encountered this until last night, using this same exact setup consistently for over a year. Thank you.