Mac Wireless Keyboard + Wireless Number Pad

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

dirkbill
Finale Version: Finale 27.2.0.142
Operating System: Mac

Post by dirkbill » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:11 am

Hello,
I was given a new Mac wireless keyboard and of course quickly discovered there is no number pad. I picked up a NewerTech wireless number pad from OWC which works very well; it's not flat like the keyboard but raised like the older Mac wireless keyboard, but not a problem for me. I did accidentally buy a different brand that did not include an equal key (?) so if any of you all are thinking about this, look closely for essential Finale keys. However, I've found that in order to use the Enter key (actually the Enter key on either the keyboard or the number pad) in Speedy to change the pitch of an existing note, you have to press the Function key (fn) first to make the Enter key work. Hey, it's stupid, but at least it works. And like I said this is required for both the keyboard and the new number pad.
Now, for whatever reason, I am now also unable to use the Shift key to insert either notes or rests in Speedy now; it simply will not work. Command-I will put me in Insert mode but that's not the same, and certainly not the way I'm used to working. Does anyone else have this issue, and more importantly, is there a solution that I'm missing?
And I will not use this thread to complain about the way the Mac wireless mouse swipe/scrolls a million measures at a time in Scroll View either. I'm not going to even bring that up here.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:02 am

You might do better to go to the Apple store and get a wired, full keyboard.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

dirkbill
Finale Version: Finale 27.2.0.142

Post by dirkbill » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:48 am

Yes, that's an obvious answer. And probably the only answer!