second page half size!

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

comeuntome

Post by comeuntome » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:16 pm

:x
No matter what I do, when an existing file is on one page, and measures are inserted, added, or pagelayout requires that a second page is created, -- that second page is half the size! (A4) HELP!

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:49 pm

comeuntome,

What program are you using?
What version?

What do you mean when you tell that the "second page is half the size! (A4)"?

Do you mean that the first page is an A3 size, and the second page is an A4 size (= half the size of A3)?

Or do you mean that the first page is an A4 size, and the second page is an A5 size (= half the size of A4)?

Or do you mean that both pages are A4 size, but the notes on Page 2 are resized to half the size of the notes on Page 1?

What is the page orientation? Portrait or Landscape?

Please explain.

Peter
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

comeuntome

Post by comeuntome » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:11 pm

I am using Finale 2003.
The first page is regular "letter" size (8/12 X 11) portrait orientation.
By "half size" I mean the page itself is half the size of a "letter" page even though the notes and staff are the same size I tell it to be. When printed it only takes up the size of an "A4" or half sheet size. (If I were to print is landscape, it would be a perfect 1/2 of the page.)

The staves actually do become a smaller size when I add measures, but then I resize them from the tools menu to the size of the staves on the original page. Is this where my problem stems from?

I've tried starting over, I've tried scroll and page views while doing all of this, and I've tried various ways to do the same thing using different orders of doing things as well.

I hope you can help.

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:42 pm

comeuntome wrote: The staves actually do become a smaller size when I add measures...
Have you tried in Layout Tool, Layout menu->redefine all pages ?
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

comeuntome

Post by comeuntome » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:43 pm

Michelp,
Thanks for the suggestion. It didn't solve my particular problem, but it led me to what did. In the Page Layout menu; Page size fixed the problem! A simple thing I should've seen. Thanks so much for your help.