Creative Prodikeys DM

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

frma

Post by frma » Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:30 pm

Has anyone had problems getting this to work? I tried it on my Win98 system with Finale97 (no flames, please, I know it's an ancient version) and some of the piano keys seemd to be interpreted as computer keys - some quit Speedy Entry, some put the computer to sleep and so on. I couldn't get the thing to work properly.

Does anyone recognise the symptoms?

/Francis

ewarning

Post by ewarning » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:37 pm

hi

first of all, does the problem also happen in the prodikeys software?

well, be sure you are using the latest drivers. check it out in www.prodikeys.com.
also check if in speedy entry the "use midi keyboard" option is active.

for last, but not less important, check the midi setup in finale for midi in -> creative prodikeys.

frma

Post by frma » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:13 pm

Yes, prodikeys software also has similar problems, and I am using the latest drivers. Smells of motherboard/bios incompatibility to me. Creative have not been able to give any more help (although there is a guy on Creatiive's own forum who reported the same kind of trouble. Unfortunately there is no direct contact info and it doesn't look as though he is reading that forum any more).

I had Creative Prodikeys set up for Finale's Midi In.

frma

Post by frma » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:26 pm

Fixed!

I had a 3rd party keyboard remapping program (from ZDnet) to allow the numpad .-key to work for dotted notes (it maps to a comma on a Swedish keyboard), and this was screwing things up.

Prodikeys works fine when I remap the keyboard in the SpeedyKeys section of Final.ini instead.

Jason

Post by Jason » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:57 am

Does anyone know were i can get the full drivers and software for this keyboard. Got a second hand prodikeys dm but do not have any of the drovers or software