Two things

Post your wishes for future features in Finale here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Davidabb
Finale Version: Finale 2014
Operating System: Mac

Post by Davidabb » Fri May 24, 2013 4:23 pm

1) A search box for expressions.

I do a lot of charts for musical theatre and would love to be able to find one of the numerous dialogue cues in a song by opening the expression menu and typing to search rather than scrolling through numerous boxes.

2) Easier navigation on the computer keyboard to the different menus. Unless I am missing something here, which is quite possible, I would love to be editing expressions and then click "C" and be able to edit chords. Rather than constantly dragging the mouse to change menus.
iMac 5k 2017, 3.4GHz, Intel Core i5, OS 10.14.2, Finale 26

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Fri May 24, 2013 11:17 pm

Remember, this is a user forum. You should submit your suggestions directly to MakeMusic, through their support pages.

For #1, you might want to look at JW Navigate, at Jari Williamson's site. It is described as:

A small modeless navigator window that can stay on screen at the same time as the document. It can help with the navigation to specific locations in the documents. For Finale 2010 and later versions. The 1.06 update also includes optional support (through the JW Plug-in Tool) for both windowshade feature and a thin window layout.

It supports navigation to:

Any auto-rehearsal mark (browsing)
Specific rehearsal marks
Specific actual measure numbers
Specific defined measure numbers
Double barlines
Final barlines
Double barlines or final barlines
Key signature changes
Time signature changes
Starts of measure number regions
Staff system starts (browsing)
Specific staff system numbers
Text
Text (case sensitive)

As for #2, you can set up your own keyboard shortcuts. If you're on a Mac, do it in System Preferences. In Windows, I think TG Tools has that capability.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

Peter S.
Finale Version: Finale 2009, 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by Peter S. » Sat May 25, 2013 6:48 am

For #2: you can set shortcuts for the different tools in finale itself. an least on windows...

hold the shift key and one of the F keys (F2 - F12), then click on the tool you want. this works for the file you are working on, but you can save your preferences in your default file. Then you have the shortcuts in every new file

Peter
Finale 2009 and 27/German on Windows 10

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Sat May 25, 2013 1:12 pm

Peter,
Thanks for that. I remembered that I could do it in Windows, but not how! And you CAN'T do it the same way, on a Mac.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society