How to transpose?

Discuss Coda's Notepad here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

fallaway

Post by fallaway » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:12 pm

I thought Allegro has a Transpose function but I can't find it. In one place I've read, it sounds like it will only transpose a MIDI entry; other places it sounds like it can do it from my own note entry (which is what I am trying to do).

The Help is *very* unhelpful. It doesn't describe what the Key Signature tool does, etc.

So, can I transpose my own note entry in Allegro? If not, would an upgrade to Finale add that function? TIA.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:53 pm

You can transpose while staying in the same key by selecting the notes with the Mass Edit tool, and then choose Transpose... from the context menu, or the Mass Edit menu.

You can change the key signature with the key signature tool. Double click in the measure where you want to change, and make your key sig and transposition changes in the dialogue box.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

fallaway

Post by fallaway » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:35 pm

Brilliant. Thanks!! So simple once you know how. I'm a music teacher and technical writer for software, so you'd think I'd be able to figure it out, but I've been stumped on a few things and the Help doesn't have step-by-step instructions.

Much appreciated, for the speedy reply too.