Dowload User Manual?

Discuss Finale PrintMusic here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

LariRudi

Post by LariRudi » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:40 pm

I haven't found a way to download it. Can I? I'm imagining what if my internet went down and I wanted to see it?

Thanks

LarryR : )
PC; Windows XP
Started NotePad 5/19/10, then
Got PrintMusic this evening; 5/24/10

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:32 pm

Larry,
You've already got it. MyComputer>C: drive (or whatever your hard drive is labeled)>Program Files>PrintMuisc>Help Files.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

LariRudi

Post by LariRudi » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:48 am

miker wrote:Larry,
You've already got it. MyComputer>C: drive (or whatever your hard drive is labeled)>Program Files>PrintMuisc>Help Files.
Yes, there is a "file" there, but it MUST BE a type of "shortcut". I pulled my cable cord, and computer comes back and says "can't find" that website.

Next I'll try to include a "PrntScrn" of doing it WITH the cable plugged in, and with is disconnected; I'm talking about my broadband cable.

User Manual comes up when I'm connected, and WON'T when disconnected.

And it looks like an Internet Explorer screen in both cases; so it IS trying to go to the internet for the manual, and then FINDS it "out there" when I'm connected.

Hope I can do this attachment...........
[Edit; ok, I've gotta RE-learn the attachment procedure; I did PrntScrn with cable connected AND disconnected; pasted them into Paint; then "Saved as" JPEG's..................... I couldn' t get them to upload. will keep trying]

thx,

PC; Windows XP

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.

Post by michelp » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:07 am

Miker will have to confirm this, as this is the way things work in the "full" Finale :
Program Options->Folders->Uncheck "use on-line help..."
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

miker

Post by miker » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:19 pm

Michel is correct; the checkbox is there. The help file is in HTML format, so it will launch your web browser to view it, whether it's on line, or on your computer.
Attachments
help.JPG
help.JPG (32.66 KiB) Viewed 26437 times
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura

LariRudi

Post by LariRudi » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:55 pm

michelp wrote:Miker will have to confirm this, as this is the way things work in the "full" Finale :
Program Options->Folders->Uncheck "use on-line help..."
I've tried to look all over, but cannot find "Program Options"?
What menu item is it under? or are you saying there is a menu item named "Program Options"? under what conditions does that menu item appear? it does not show on mine.

thx,

PC; Windows XP

miker

Post by miker » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:14 pm

In mine, it's at the bottom of the EDIT menu.
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura

LariRudi

Post by LariRudi » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:47 pm

miker wrote:In mine, it's at the bottom of the EDIT menu.
OK, I found it, and the box WAS "checked". Thus it chooses to go "online" to obtain my User Manual as I first indicated. So far, so good, right?

So now I "UN-checked" it. Then I went to my regular "Help" menu item [top right of the menus] and clicked on "User manual". NOTHING happens, that is, the User Manual does NOT appear, no pop up, no new "box", nothing.

So I "checked" the box again, and went to "Help", "User Manual", and I get the Internet Explorer Window, and the User Manual that I'm very accustomed to. And I might add, THIS is the "address" in the upper box:

http://www.finalemusic.com/UserManuals/ ... =NewWindow

My assumption/conclusion is the same as when I began this topic. I don't seem to HAVE it on my computer, only a shortcut to a "website".

And if I ever get disconnected from the broadband, I'll NOT have a "User Manual". My desire is to have it available at all times.

Still puzzled.

PC; Windows XP

miker

Post by miker » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:49 pm

Larry, look at the line directly above that checkbox, and compare it to mine. Does it direct you to somewhere on your computer? If not, Browse... to the PM program files, and locate it there.

Keep in mind, though, that IN THEORY the online manual may be more correct and up-to-date, since MM can make changes to that one, but not to the one on your computer.
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura

LariRudi

Post by LariRudi » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:22 pm

miker wrote:Larry, look at the line directly above that checkbox, and compare it to mine. Does it direct you to somewhere on your computer? If not, Browse... to the PM program files, and locate it there.

Keep in mind, though, that IN THEORY the online manual may be more correct and up-to-date, since MM can make changes to that one, but not to the one on your computer.
First Paragraph; I should have commented on that before, but yes, our boxes are IDENTICAL [except where YOUR music goes is blank, and mine shows the directory I'm using, but ON TOPIC, they are IDENTICAL]

Second Paragraph; Oh, yes, I agree, but at any one given moment, I'm imagining that what I'd HAVE on my Computer User Manual would be over 99pct accurate, and that is FAR better than having NONE AT ALL if my cable ever goes down..... no, I'm not complaining about what I DO have, or what I CAN GET on the internet......... just wish I could HAVE it ON the computer... then too, if the cable is down, I could still print out a sheet or two or three.............

Sure wish I could "attach" my "Prnt Scrn"; is there a "sticky" that tells us how to "attach" stuff?

[CAPS are emphasis; not yelling, ha]

Thanks

PC; Windows XP

LariRudi

Post by LariRudi » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:30 pm

Using a DOS command got me this “Tree” within my “Help” sub-folder:

SubDir Content
SubDir Data
SubDir QuickStart Video Tips
SubDir Skin

And then, the following files:

| PrintMusic.htm
| PrintMusic.js
| PrintMusic.mcwebhelp
| PrintMusic.xml
| PrintMusic_CSH.htm
| PrintMusic_Left.htm
| Whatsnew.htm
PC; Windows XP

miker

Post by miker » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:54 pm

Go there, and double-click on the PrintMusic.htm file. What happens? (I'll bet that it launches your browser, and then opens help on your computer.)

PrtScn takes a picture of the screen, obviously. Open Paint, and hit CTRL+V to paste that picture. You can then edit the picture, save it as a jpg, and post it to the forum.
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura

LariRudi

Post by LariRudi » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:52 am

miker wrote:Go there, and double-click on the PrintMusic.htm file. What happens? (I'll bet that it launches your browser, and then opens help on your computer.)

PrtScn takes a picture of the screen, obviously. Open Paint, and hit CTRL+V to paste that picture. You can then edit the picture, save it as a jpg, and post it to the forum.
OK, with that idea I am not stranded any longer; I "went there" thru "My Computer", thru all the sub directories and double clicked on it, and it opened. Great.

However, I felt it SHOULD open from within Finale when I'm using it, so I adjusted my "Program Options" to call upon IT.........

Nope; it refuses, says I've gotta BE on line; and that is whether my little box is checked or not.

So, ok, I HAVE it, but not thru PrintMusic2010..... I've gotta go in thru "My Computer".

Yes, it SHOULD come in thru my "Help menu", but it doesn't, but at least now I don't feel stranded whould I lose my "internet" temporarily.

Just seems it oughta.............................. ok ok, I'm alright.

Thanks for all the ideas

Attachments
ProgOptns00a.JPG
ProgOptns00a.JPG (67.32 KiB) Viewed 26307 times
ProgOptns00a.JPG
ProgOptns00a.JPG (67.32 KiB) Viewed 26307 times
PC; Windows XP

LariRudi

Post by LariRudi » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:54 am