Finale does not play the music from the score

Give us your opinions on the new forums here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Marius
Finale Version: A2012
Operating System: Windows

Post by Marius » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:29 pm

Hello guys,
My Finale is the 2012 version. I want to listen to what I wrote in the score. I clicked Play, it shows that it charges but it does NOT play anything and there is no indicator as it used to be before. I restarted the computer many times, still does not work.
Could you please tell me what the problem may be?
Thank you!

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:15 pm

You have posted the same question in three subforums.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

msdickerson_00
Finale Version: 27.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by msdickerson_00 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:13 pm

I do not know about the 2012 version but in the new version I would go to scoremanager and reset (reselect) the playback library. In my case it would be the Garritan libraries, but could be other libraries. I had a similar problem working on a score, when suddenly only 1 stave would playback no matter what I did. Then in another forum, it was suggested to do the reset of the libraries. I did that and also reported it to Finale tech support as a bug. I sent my .musx file to them, but since it was already "fixed" by resetting the Garritan instrument library, they could not duplicate my problem. I promised to send them another .musx file when I manage to break it again. They generally do not have much of a chance in fixing something unless they can duplicate the problem. but if you have an older Finale version like you suggest, you still might send the .musx file to the tech support on their web site with a note saying what happened. Who knows it kindof sounds like they have had these random non-playing issues for a long time.