Mac user prefers separation of Mac and Windows

Give us your opinions on the new forums here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

engelbach
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by engelbach » Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:28 pm

The new forum is more attractive and seems to respond faster.

I miss the ability to explode topic threads, and the frames format that allowed viewing of threads and open messages simultaneously.

I prefer that Mac have its own forum. Many Windows issues are not relevant to me. Perhaps posters could include their platform in their Subject line to save unnecessary browsing.

What's with the Coda music site? I haven't been able to get on it all morning.
Jerry Engelbach
iMac OSX Catalina, Finale 26, Note Performer 4, Perfect Layout
www.engelbachmusic.com

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:35 am

engelbach wrote:The new forum is more attractive and seems to respond faster.
I agree.
engelbach wrote:I miss the ability to explode topic threads, and the frames format that allowed viewing of threads and open messages simultaneously.
Viewing open messages and threads simultaneously sounds like a good idea,
engelbach wrote:I prefer that Mac have its own forum. Many Windows issues are not relevant to me. Perhaps posters could include their platform in their Subject line to save unnecessary browsing.
As a Mac user I admit that Windows issues aren't relevant to me either.

However, I'm not sure I agree that it would be better to separate Mac and Windows. It seems to me that most of the issues aren't specific to whether you use Mac or Windows. After all, the Mac version and the Windows version are almost identical in the user interface.

In the Finale forum on Makemusic!s website there are separate forums for Mac and Windows respectively. And I always go to both the Mac forum and the Windows forum, since there is a lot of relevant Finale stuff in both forums.

Nevertheless, It Would Be Nice If posters always mentioned their operating system and Finale version, either in their Subject line or somewhere inside their posting text.

Peter

Mac Finale 2003a (soon 2004!)

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:30 am

engelbach wrote:The new forum is more attractive and seems to respond faster.

I miss the ability to explode topic threads, and the frames format that allowed viewing of threads and open messages simultaneously.

I prefer that Mac have its own forum. Many Windows issues are not relevant to me. Perhaps posters could include their platform in their Subject line to save unnecessary browsing.

What's with the Coda music site? I haven't been able to get on it all morning.