Printing border errors

Give us your opinions on the new forums here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Joe Hostetter
Finale Version: 25.5.0.259
Operating System: Mac

Post by Joe Hostetter » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:52 pm

I would like to address my friends (as posted on Facebook) who use Finale. Have you upgraded to version 25.5? If so, has it presented you with problems that you didn't have before upgrading? One of the problems I now have is in printing. I will describe one of the problems I now have: When setting up to print a two page part in landscape on tabloid paper, two pages up, from a document that looks correct, the margin at the left is .75 inches as dictated in page layout. When I print or preview, the left margin is almost 1.75 inches wide and prints that way. I spent all day with HP support and they could not resolve the problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is version 25.5 corrupted or is something on my Mac corrupted?
I have spent two days at home with a tech person trying to solve the problem and we now suspect that it is a Finale upgrade problem. This is not the first time that they did not make the upgrade compatible with the latest Mac software upgrade. Or someone at Finale made a change without checking the result or thought that the larger margins is OK. In the past when I view a Finale document, the layout that I see is what I get when I print. Now when I setup to print, something is changing the layout changing the borders. Since the print has much larger borders, it also results in the music image being smaller. If this is a V. 25.5 software error, they MUST correct it and issue V. 25.6. If not a Finale software error, I want to know what causes the problem and a method for correcting it.
The Finale version that I upgraded to is 25.5.0.259. My Mac operating system upgrade is version 10.13.4

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:40 pm

Have you contacted Finale tech support?

https://makemusic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... _id=118727
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

Joe Hostetter

Post by Joe Hostetter » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:51 pm

Yes. I spend a lot of time dealing with them.

Joe Hostetter

Post by Joe Hostetter » Fri May 04, 2018 4:05 pm

I think that I solved the issue. Under the page layout menu, I had thought that the page item was for the paper size but I was wrong, Instead of selecting tabloid, I must select the print image of 8 !/2 by 11 inches and portrait orientation. When I set it up that way. the preview shows the correct layout. It will then follow the page setup settings of tabloid and print 2- up for page 1 & 2 and for page 3, I setup for letter size in portrait orientation in File: page setup, and set up under command/print to print I check print page 3 to 3.