The day I say goodbye to Finale!

Give us your opinions on the new forums here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Zammis four five
Finale Version: Finale 26.3.1.520
Operating System: Windows

Post by Zammis four five » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:39 am

This is not really an audio problem or a suggestion, but the day I say goodbye to the Finale, which has been my editing program since 2007 :(

:idea: Check out the immense ease of MIDI data editing added by this new plugin developed for Sibelius 7.5 or higher that brings sequencer-like capabilities for the top-notch Finale competitor :idea: :

http://www.scoringnotes.com/reviews/gra ... -sibelius/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XrMBYFGF6I

Note that this implement is totally different from Finale plugins that mainly concern the aspect of the graphic edition with limited MIDI data customization :!:

WOOOOOOW, This is how you meet the expectations of your customers! :wink:

I'm tired of asking for more ease in MIDI data editing, especially when everything Finale offers is the outdated MIDI TOOL menu with its endless windows that do not allow editing in real time, directly in the score, as the newest score editors allow (Notion, Overture, Notation Composer and Doritos) :(

I can't wait to start editing MIDI data with extreme easiness :shock: :!: :mrgreen:

Thank you all for the support offered and for creating such incredible software that, unfortunately, stopped in time :(

All the best to you guys, always and wish me good luck! :mrgreen:
Zammis Four, Five!
Windows 8.1 PRO 64bits; Intel Core I7-4770 3.40GHz, 16 GB RAM
Finale 2014.5; Finale 26.3.1.520; Kontakt 6 with a lot of sample libs; Aria Player/Engine (GPO5-GHarps-IO- JABB3-WI); Miroslav Philharmonik 1 & 2.

Jay Emmes
Finale Version: 25.4.1.164
Operating System: Mac

Post by Jay Emmes » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:11 pm

You do realise that Finale is a notational application?
Running Finale 25.4.1.163 in OS X 10.11.6

Zammis four five
Finale Version: Finale 26.3.1.520

Post by Zammis four five » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:52 am

Jay Emmes wrote:You do realise that Finale is a notational application?
Of course yes, however Sibelius is also a notational application, and its developers don't use this as an excuse not to evolve or fail to fulfill their users' requests. I'm not happy to migrate to Sibelius, but I'm tired of not being heard. I remember the time when users said that hybridization between notation software and DAW was something impossible and even undesirable. These previously cited companies are daring more than Makemusic, who did an excellent job with regard to musical notation, but just keep repackaging the same old MIDI Tool interface design, devoting little attention to what promotes easy editing/customization of MIDI data: MIDI Tool menu deserves an update urgently, in the sense of enabling something like a sequencer visualization, where you can edit MIDI data like some "short and stretch" features or making it possible to view and edit MIDI data directly on the traditional staff, something that has become a fairly common procedure in the previously cited Finale's competitors.

It seems to me that Makemusic's attention seems to be focused on "-ok guys, use human playback, focus on music notation and forget about everything else" features, but there is an increasing number of users who need refinement and customization of MIDI capacities and this is what has caused customers to migrate to these new platforms: the combination between music notation and MIDI editing in a much more dynamic and easy way. Moreover, Makemusic insists on a kind of stance where we, users, must conform to the Finale's outdated MIDI editing, when other companies are just fitting themselves to the needs of their users. I believe that in the near future (maybe in 5-10 years or less), this type of procedure will be the default, making the migration to softwares that continue to innovate in the adventure of hybridization between notation and DAW softwares inevitable.
Zammis Four, Five!
Windows 8.1 PRO 64bits; Intel Core I7-4770 3.40GHz, 16 GB RAM
Finale 2014.5; Finale 26.3.1.520; Kontakt 6 with a lot of sample libs; Aria Player/Engine (GPO5-GHarps-IO- JABB3-WI); Miroslav Philharmonik 1 & 2.

Jay Emmes
Finale Version: 25.4.1.164
Operating System: Mac

Post by Jay Emmes » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:58 pm

Okay. Bye! Take care.
Running Finale 25.4.1.163 in OS X 10.11.6

rshwin
Finale Version: FinaleV26,PrintMusic

Post by rshwin » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:12 am

Notion you mentioned Notion is that any good? Aside from having to write bass parts for what I play at church and the odd Sax or Brass part here and there -which my Notepad 2012 or forced purchase of PrintMusic 2014 can do...What I really need is a app that I can write keyboard parts in and have it play the VST's in Keyscape with so I can record them/perform them. Whether it be an XML creator or Midi editor/notation software program. I saw an add for Notion6 for only 104 bucks or somewhere around there. Which compared to Finale is irt cheap...but you get what you pay for sometimes...you know. So if you know anything about Notion do let me know please I ve been getting hosed by Finale and am very P.O.'d to the max with them, and don't want to give them another dime to have to purchase V26 to run my Keyscape VST's