Upset as all get out

Give us your opinions on the new forums here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

rshwin
Finale Version: FinaleV26,PrintMusic
Operating System: Windows

Post by rshwin » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:52 am

Hello all,
I believe it was 2002 or so when I first began using Finale software. I'm not sure if it was called NotePad back then but I think it was. I remember it cost around $60.00 to $70.00 back then.Anyways, my use of it had always been to write sax parts for the guy that played sax for our band. Then I wrote a tune I wanted a Harpsichord piece for a song I had written...all Rock N Roll. And then I had to write out the bass lines for it as well, and then they had tabs for guitars then for basses. I think the bass part I wrote out actually I had to transfer it to tab for the bassist to play it. And now I'm writing out full keyboard parts for a few of my songs. I can't play the keyboards, don't think I'll ever be able to do that. My hands were paralyzed a couple times since 95 and I'm darn lucky to still be able to play guitars as good as I still can. Anyways. So When I began seriously recording last year, I saw how crazy it has become with most folks that record stuff, they only play a couple bars and copy paste all the rest. And for input all that's being used are these "VST" instruments or some kind of control surface. Not too far removed from the log and stick of old.We'll I'll never get to that point ...but though I can't play keyboards I certainly can write the dagone stuff. And the Print Music2014 program was advertised as being able to do that so I got the trial version, and got a good version of a VST program to play the keys called Keyscape ( 64 bit program). Now PrintMusic 2014 is still being sold on Finale's website ($130.00) as a 64bit compatible program. And the web page states it is a current version and a current product for sale. And because of that it gets customer/technical support. However, it didn't play the Keyscape, and all my requests to technical support were returned stating it doesn't get technical support. During the whole month I kept getting my requests returned, and I was told V26 Finale gets tech support. When they said that I took screen shots of he web page and sent it to their sales manager. As it ended up it was 5 days till the end of my trial period before I got anything more than canned messages stating I get no tech support for the problems I was having with Print Music. It was only then I learned Print Music was not "compatible" with 64 bit anything, it only can run in a 64bit OS. Well so can my Office 2000, but no one would think of calling it "64bit compatible". And as to the Keyscape it needs a true 64bit environment. so I went and uninstalled my Print Music 2014 to look for something else. Because, I needed something to be able to use the Keyscape so I can write the music, and have it play it using one of the instruments in Keyscape, and I can record it into my DAW. Unfortunately, I neglected to see that Print Music was open with a piece of my music in it. But because it was minimized I missed that. So it only half uninstalled. But it did manage to take out its installation file. So I went back to Finale's web page and tried to download a version of PM2014 so I could re-install it and do a clean uninstall. However, this time I was prompted for my debit card info prior to allowing me to down load it. So I did, I literally had no choice. I installed it and by then it was late and I had to get sleep. Next morning I open my emails, and Make Music is congratulating me on my purchase of PrintMusic2014. And it won't even do the tasks I need done, so I am forced with either just taking my losses with Make Music, and go on looking for other software that will do the job, or try the Finale V26 -that their sales manger promised would do what I needed.

So I am trying the upgrade to PM2014, Finale V26. However, nothing but problems and again back to no customer support. It simply won't work with third party VST's . It doesn't matter what order I add instruments to a score, it will bump Keyscape from bank 1 in Midi and place that crappy softsynth in bank 1. Even when I have it entered in the "Manage Directories" for the Vst files and can pick it out of the list in Score Manager, Keyscape just doesn't show up in the "Priority of Sound Devices" dialog box. And if I use the transpose wizard to move parts up or down as fifths thirds etc. When I reopen the piece who know where they will end up the next time. And some of Keyscape's instruments sound so bad in Finale because the buffer size is so small(8), I can't even use them. A buffer size of 8... not since Windows3.1 have I seen a buffer size that small. But there are no other sizes to choose from. And the tempo, I set it at 120bpm but it is so slow, if I try to ad an audio file to the score I am writing, recorded at 120bpm, both parts starting at 1.1.00 - Finale's play rate is so off they cant be played together. So what is purpose of that function if it doesn't work. And this version was released when? 2016 right? Or am I wrong on that? And again not a peep from tech support. Weeks have gone by and nothing. I am furious. Any suggestions.