Finale v25 Does Not Load in OS X 10.14.6 (Mojave)

Give us your opinions on the new forums here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

aspsa
Finale Version: v25
Operating System: Mac

Post by aspsa » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:51 pm

Greetings. I never had an issue with Finale loading until I upgraded some time ago to v25 for Mac. Recently, a MakeMusic tech support representative was kind enough to provide a detailed set of instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling Finale v25, despite the fact v25 is no longer supported. Unfortunately, the same problem persists. Either Finale hangs and appears as being unresponsive in the Activity Monitor, or it hangs without the unresponsive indication. In both cases, I eventually receive a 'Finale unexpectedly quit' error message.

I am not sure where to go from here and would appreciate your recommendations. The only thread I found concerned a similar problem and it spoke to updating audio drivers, but I think the post was for Finale running in Windows 10. I have a DigiGrid IOX with the most up-to-date firmware and the most up-to-date Waves SoundGrid audio driver. I do not have any issue running other music software in this environment.

Not sure the issue is related to my audio driver. Any thoughts? Thank you.

BuonTempi
Finale Version: Finale 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by BuonTempi » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:18 am

First thing to do would be to try it without the audio drivers loaded. Boot into safe boot mode (hold SHIFT at startup), and then try.

What hardware are you on? Any reason you're not updating to 27.4, and to a newer OS?