getting smart Music App

The place to discuss Finale's SmartMusic.

Moderators: miker, Peter Thomsen

DoeieGirl-1
Finale Version: 25.5.0
Operating System: Mac

getting smart Music App

Post by DoeieGirl-1 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:28 pm

I seem to no longer have Smart Music and I believe that is the only way to import a scan into finale that I am aware of. Is there a way I can download a version online? I have Finale 25.5.0. Thank you. Or is there are service I can pay to convert some PDF's of my music and convert to Finale. I lost a bunch of my own music in a computer crash a few years back. UGH....I have PDF's but not the original Finale files.

Re: getting smart Music App

by Sponsor

Forum Sponsor

miker
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Mac

Re: getting smart Music App

Post by miker » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:15 pm

Scanning was removed in version 25. If you have, or can find someone who has, 2014 or earlier, you could use that.

There are a number of programs that can scan, and convert to XML to import into Finale. STAY AWAY from anything that promises to simply scan and convert. They work, but the end result is rarely very good. And using one of the full-featured programs, which allow editing before exporting, definitely take time to learn.

How many pieces do you have? How long and complicated are they? What’s your budget and time frame? I might be interested! You can contact me directly at wawoodman at aol dot com.
Finale 26 | SmartScorePro X2
Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society