SmartMusic shared links are suddenly all broken

The place to discuss Finale's SmartMusic.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

bwestland
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by bwestland » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:08 pm

I've been using Finale v27.2 to share choral practice files with my local community chorus, using the new "Share" feature. It gives me a link to give to the chorus members to access the SmartMusic file for each piece. It's been working well for a couple weeks, but suddenly this morning all of the links would come back with "Let's get outta here! You are not authorized to access this resource." I was able to generate new links for each piece with the content manager, and those are now working, but this is clearly something that I would prefer not to have to do all the time.

Anyone know what would cause this problem (and how to avoid it happening again)?

Jeremy123
Operating System: Windows

Post by Jeremy123 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:36 am

Any update on this? Concrete Contractors La Puente

davidson02

Post by davidson02 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:36 pm

Have you raised this problem to email support?

DavidsonPearland Concrete Contractors02

davidjoseph
Finale Version: Finale 2014

Post by davidjoseph » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:14 pm

Last edited by davidjoseph on Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

FaithSa
Finale Version: Finale 2021

Post by FaithSa » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:54 am

bwestland wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:08 pm
I've been using Finale v27.2 to share choral practice files with my local community chorus, using the new "Share" feature. It gives me a link to give to the chorus members to access the SmartMusic file for each piece. It's been working well for a couple weeks, but suddenly this morning all of the links would come back with bathroom remodelingwholesale jewelry store "Let's get outta here! You are not authorized to access this resource." I was able to generate new links for each piece with the content manager, and those are now working, but this is clearly something that I would prefer not to have to do all the time.concrete painting Austinupholstery cleaning360 photo boothdrywall repair concrete crack repairs Pittsburgh Pennsylvanialocal drywall contractorsfrench drain installation miami floridadrywall company near me sacramentodc foundation repair waterproofing quotes

Anyone know what would cause this problem (and how to avoid it happening again)?bathroom renovation Vickery Meadowsphoto booth rental Houston Texasdallas texas drywall repair contractorshome renovation contractors near mevideographer Austintree trimmingsheetrock drywall dallas tx
roofing contractors Aucklanddrywall finishers near me Watauga
Cityplace bathroom remodeling Luxury Home Remodeling
It sounds like there might have been an issue with the authorization for the links you were sharing. It could be due to changes made to the user permissions, a temporary issue with the server, or some other system-related problem.drywall company in fort worth texas
Last edited by FaithSa on Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:32 pm, edited 9 times in total.

EthanWalker
Finale Version: SongWriter

Post by EthanWalker » Thu May 04, 2023 12:20 pm

It's possible that the permissions on the shared files were accidentally changed, causing the "not authorized" error. You may want to check the settings on the files to ensure that they are set to be accessible by the intended users.

Another possibility is that there was a temporary issue with the Finale servers that caused the error. If the problem persists or happens again, you may want to reach out to Finale support for assistance. They may be able to provide more information or troubleshoot the issue further. excavating companies near me

KellyP

Post by KellyP » Thu May 11, 2023 7:47 pm

It's possible that the links you originally generated expired or became invalid for some reason. Another possibility is that there was an issue with the permissions on the files, causing them to become inaccessible. It's also possible that there was a temporary glitch with the Share feature itself.

To avoid this issue in the future, you may want to check the expiration settings on the links you generate and make sure they are set to a reasonable time frame. Additionally, you could try contacting the Finale support team to see if they have any insights or solutions for this specific issue. They may be able to provide more information on what caused the problem and how to prevent it from happening again.

Web Design Services[size]

EthanWalker

Post by EthanWalker » Fri May 12, 2023 3:24 pm

It sounds like there may have been a temporary glitch or error with the authorization settings on the links you were sharing. It's possible that the original links became invalid due to a change in permissions or settings on your account or within the software itself. However, since you were able to generate new links that are working properly, it seems like the issue may have resolved itself.

If this problem persists or happens again in the future, I would recommend reaching out to the support team for Finale to see if they can help you troubleshoot the issue. They may be able to provide more specific guidance or assistance with the software's sharing features, and can help ensure that your files are properly accessible to your chorus members. CS Gruter LLC

KellyP

Post by KellyP » Mon May 22, 2023 5:00 pm

Remember to keep your software up to date and regularly check for any updates or patches released by the software provider, as these updates often address known issues and improve the overall performance of the software.

Willow Blooms[size] Roofing Services[size]
Last edited by KellyP on Thu May 25, 2023 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27

Post by motet » Mon May 22, 2023 6:30 pm

That's good advice in general, though in Finale's case I don't know how often it's true. They do fix some things, but some very serious bugs have languished for many years, and new versions often bring new problems along with new features. Those that update in the hopes that a bug that's troubling them will have been fixed are apt to be disappointed, I'm afraid. It's worth checking the release notes, I guess.

davidson02

Post by davidson02 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:35 am

KellyP wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 5:00 pm
Remember to keep your software up to date and regularly check for any updates or patches released by the software provider, as these updates often address known issues and improve the overall performance of the software.

Thanks.

GarryS
Finale Version: Finale 2023

Post by GarryS » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:01 pm

Thank you for all the helpful inputkitchen renovation
solar panel companies

davidson02

Post by davidson02 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:35 am

But wait, Is there any chance to recover these broken links if we weren't able to keep our files updated?

aaaronwarwick

Post by aaaronwarwick » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:08 am

I wTampa SEOas actually kind of worried when it went down. I thought there's something wrong with my account and etc. Glad that it's all back to normal. Thank you so much.

EthanWalker

Post by EthanWalker » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:04 pm

It seems like you've encountered an issue with the authorization or access control settings for the SmartMusic files generated through Finale v27.2. Commerical contractors Fairfield ohio

LauraH
Finale Version: Finale PrintMusic 20

Post by LauraH » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:27 pm

It's frustrating to experience unexpected interruptions in your workflow, especially when sharing important choral practice files.

dedicated server hosting for games[size]

davidjoseph

Post by davidjoseph » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:41 am

It had been operating smoothly for a few weeks, but this morning all of the links would return with the message, "Let's get out of here! click here factoring company near meAldo’s Drywall Contracting Services Arlington