Maestro Font with Allegro

Discuss Coda's Notepad here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Will

Post by Will » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:43 pm

I recently upgraded to Allegro. I suddenly am getting a message that the Maestro font is not present and needs to be installed. When I look at a piece of music I am working on it is no longer readable and has many strange shapes - so I believe that Allegro is not finding the maestro font. I did a custom install of the maestro font from my allegro disk. This seemed to be working as it said the maestro font was already there, did I want to replace it? I said yes. After this it still does not recognize the maestro font. Any ideas out there? Should I uninstall and reinstall the entire Allegro? TIA, Will

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:37 am

Are you using Windows or Macintosh?

If you are using Windows, did you restart the computer after the custom install of the Maestro font?

You tell that you "upgraded to Allegro".
Perhaps you installed Allegro, and later removed your previous program (Finale NotePad?).
Removing your previous program could possibly also remove the Maestro font.

Peter

Will

Post by Will » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:23 pm

Peter, thanks for your reply. I am running windows XP. I did remove Print Music not long ago, probably just before I lost the maestro font. I did try rebooting after the custom install of the maestro font. I assume I now need to uninstall Allegro and reinstall it. TIA, Will

nellekereijs

Post by nellekereijs » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:09 pm

I have exactly the same problem: Maestro font is installed but Allegro cannot find it. I reinstalled Allegro, installed it again and restarted my computer: it still does not work.
Can anybody help me please?

Nelleke

Will

Post by Will » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:37 pm

I was able to find the maestro font and get it working again but it is so long ago that I have forgotten what I did. I am sorry I cannot help you. Will