Finale Allegro 2007 won't open

Discuss Coda's Notepad here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Gero
Finale Version: Allegro 2007 Mac
Operating System: Windows

Post by Gero » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:17 pm

Hi,

i'm using Finale Allegro 2007 for Mac under OSX 10.7.4. A couple of days ago, the software suddenly stopped working, any attempt to start it failed, resulting only in the error message that it had been unexpectedly quit. I had been using the software without any problems until only hours before that and no system update has been conducted since then that would explain the sudden malfunction of the software.

I tried reinstalling it, but that also failed. All of my compositions and a lot of material i need for my final exams at the conservatory (which are reaaally soon) exist only in Finale-form so i urgently need that software to work again.

Does anyone have any idea or suggestion how i could proceed to try to get it to run again?

Thanks for your attention and best regards,

Gero

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:00 pm

Try reinstalling it in a new user account. That may eliminate a conflict in your primary user account.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

Gero
Finale Version: Allegro 2007 Mac
Operating System: Windows

Post by Gero » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! I just tried that, but the installation stills fails, saying that the programm "setfflags" can not be installed, for PowerPC-Programs are no longer supported, which is strange because i originally installed Finale using the same operating system.. any ideas what that could mean? Thanks again.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:19 pm

No idea. And the program is no longer supported by Finale.

Sorry.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society