Display SAME time signature at the beginning of each system

Discuss Coda's Notepad here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

robinkurbanov

Post by robinkurbanov » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:26 pm

Does Finale Allegro 2007 allow the display of the SAME time signature at the beginning of each system? I am creating an exercise sheet for my students and would like to have 4/4 displayed at the beginning of each line.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:29 pm

I don't think that options is available in Allegro. Have you looked at the Education templates? A couple of them are set up that way.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

robinkurbanov

Post by robinkurbanov » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:19 pm

I did find the template that displays the time signature. I was just wanting to be able to do it myself and not have to go making changes to the template.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:31 pm

Are you sure that you understand the purpose of a template? The whole point is that you CAN make changes, while leaving the template untouched. When you select a template, it opens a new, unsaved document with certain elements in place. You make the necessary changes to the format, and do your thing. The template remains untouched, and ready to use again.

No matter where you start with a new document, you are, in effect, opening a template. You default document is a template.

If you want a document with 4/4 at the beginning of each line, set it up from the proper education template. Then, save THAT as a template. Whenever you want that exercise sheet, it will be ready for you to open, and enter your notes.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

knvedder
Finale Version: 2012

Post by knvedder » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:38 pm

This literally has to be the single most unhelpful forum post I have come across. I have the same question as the op - I have started working on something that I don't want to use your template for. I just would like to display the time signature at the beginning of each line of my music.

Now my experience with Finale, is everything is pretty simple once you have located the button or menu option that lets you do it. I am having trouble locating this button/check box/menu option.

I am not interested in redoing all of my work in a template, I will ask it here and than keep searching. Were do I select this option?

knvedder
Finale Version: 2012

Post by knvedder » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:41 pm

Select the measure tool
double click the measure
For time signatures select always show from the dropdown menu (default will be show when needed)

Button is under the measure tool not the time signature tool for anyone else who finds this post.