My Slur tool is Glissing

Discuss Finale PrintMusic here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

LariRudi

Post by LariRudi » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:41 pm

It has always worked until last night. I take two notes, click the slur tool/icon, then double click the first note, nad it puts a GLISS marking there; I can't change it no matter what.

Can't get a slur NO WHERE.

Has my PrintMusic gotten ill?

So to try "more", I single click the slur tool, go to the Smart Shape Menu, click it, and it offers no GLISS. only a "faded" choice list of Flip, Automatic, Over, Under. So THAT is not available to me, not that is any concern right now, I just offer it as info.

No, I didn't tamper with the program; wouldn't know how if I wanted to.

thx,

LarryR : )
PC; Windows XP
Started NotePad 5/19/10, then
Got PrintMusic this evening; 5/24/10

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:54 pm

Larry,
Have you restarted your computer? That's the first thing to try when things work, and then, don't.

What you found in the SmartShapes menu is all there is. The different shapes are in the SS toolbar.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

LariRudi

Post by LariRudi » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:27 pm

miker wrote:Larry,
Have you restarted your computer? That's the first thing to try when things work, and then, don't.

What you found in the SmartShapes menu is all there is. The different shapes are in the SS toolbar.
Yes, I've been re-booting absolutely DOZENS of times. First tho, [stated affectionalely, ha] am I CRAZY? I'm gonn try to upload a PrntScrn here to show better.

I guess you call it the "Tool Bars"; ok, I have some across the top, 2 rows, and 2 along the left side as well.

In the past, I'm CERTAIN that I've done the slurs using the "curve line" icon at the top, between the "triplet tool" and the "articulation tool". But last night I "discovered" a "curve line" on my LEFT screen tool bars as well. They look IDENTICAL.

Well, I used the one on the left, and it draws a proper "slur", tried the one on the top, and it did a "gliss". I'm SURE I always used the upper one, in fact, only "discovered" the one on the left last night.

Then to further "educate" myself, I held the mouse arrow on each icon, [and you'll say "not surprising"] and the upper one says "Smart Shape Tool", and the one on the left says "Slur Tool".

I'm baffled; I guess baffled at myself. Is this the icon arrangement that ya'll have? And/or am I having a mental lapse [using this since end of May 2010].
Attachments
FinaleShutDowns.JPG
This shows the 'identical" icons I'm referring to.
FinaleShutDowns.JPG (94.28 KiB) Viewed 4849 times
PC; Windows XP
Started NotePad 5/19/10, then
Got PrintMusic this evening; 5/24/10

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:35 pm

Yeah, that's the stuff you're supposed to have. You might want to call Tech Support in on this one.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society