accidentals not showing up

Discuss Finale PrintMusic here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

BlueeyedBear
Finale Version: Printmusic 2007.r2

Post by BlueeyedBear » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:47 pm

in printmusic 2007, using Mass Edit i copied two measures in C major & pasted them in another section also in C major. then transposed them up a second, trying it chromatically then diatonically. both times when i needed to add accidentals, they do not show up, although playback is correct. how do i get the accidentals to appear?

BlueeyedBear
Finale Version: Printmusic 2007.r2

Post by BlueeyedBear » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:50 pm

ok, this is getting weird... i was able to make do by adding the accidental, then pressing P twice (first time the accidental appeared in parentheses, second time the parentheses disappeared & left the accidental).

but now when i go to the earlier section and copy, when i paste it into the later section, it is automatically transposing to the correct key! why is it doing that? i'm very glad it is, but i want to make sure i can duplicate this later on when i have more to copy, paste, & transpose.

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:30 pm

What you are experiencing, is the way the program works:

When you copy/paste to another region in the same key signature (e. g. from C major to C major), the notes will not get transposed.

When you copy/paste to another region in another key signature (e. g. from C major to F major), the notes will get transposed to the new key signature.
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996