Way Too Many CC7's

Discuss Finale PrintMusic here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

curmudgeon123
Finale Version: 2014de.v5030
Operating System: Windows

Post by curmudgeon123 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:55 am

I like to save most of my files to midi and import them into Band In A Box or Real Band. After I get the song mixed I like to turn the melody ( the midi file from PrintMusic) way down. I would enter a CC7 volume decrease change, but the track would get louder again. When I looked in the Events List there were literally hundreds of CC7's that I had to delete 1 by 1. Of those, I had only entered one. In the songs I have entered into PrintMusic, I have never put in any dynamics so I have no clue why so many CC7's are there. I mostly use CC11 anyway. Is there some way to not have those CC7's put in the midi file? I use a filter in PG Music's programs to put them all in one place, but it takes quite awhile to delete them all. I haven't checked yet to see if there is other software to mass edit the CCs in a midi file. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

curmudgeon123
Finale Version: 2014de.v5030
Operating System: Windows

Post by curmudgeon123 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:49 pm

I found a way to get around this pesky problem. At least, using Band In A Box. There's a box you can uncheck when importing a midi file. It's the pitch bend and other controllers box in the popup window.