Cannot find items in articulations menu

Discuss Finale PrintMusic here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

outofthebox
Finale Version: Finale PrintMusic PC

Post by outofthebox » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:16 pm

Hello,

I can't find the following items in the articulations menu, and that forces me to make a text input every single time (not to mention that when copy-pasting text input do not show up) :?

a/ Open string 0. There's 1-2-3-4 and 5 though.
b/ Right hand fingers p-i-m-a.
c/ The string itself, meaning a number into a bubble (1) or (2) etc...
I'm writing scores for guitar.

Thank you! I really hope to find a solution, you can't imagine the amount of time and energy I am loosing with this stuff! :mrgreen:

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:13 pm

outofthebox wrote:…that forces me to make a text input every single time (not to mention that when copy-pasting text input do not show up)…
I don't know PrintMusic.

1) Does PrintMusic have both Page View and Scroll View?
If you enter text blocks from Scroll View, they will copy/paste.

2) Regarding your missing articulations in the Articulation Selection dialog box:
I suppose that you already have tried scrolling down in the dialog box?
If the articulations aren't there, then they will have to be added to the document somehow.

3) Can PrintMusic create articulations?

4) If you happen to have another document that contains the necessary articulations (probably a document created in the full Finale), then you can copy/paste music with the articulations into your PrintMusic document.
From then the articulations will be available in your PrintMusic document's Articulation Selection dialog box.

5) Would it be an idea to enter the symbols as expressions, with the Expression Tool?
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

outofthebox
Finale Version: Finale PrintMusic PC

Post by outofthebox » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:57 am

First, thank you for replying.

I find it quite surprising that these elements aren't included somewhere. I even dreamed about this yesterday :lol: no, seriously. I scrolled down, read the whole manual etc... but found no answer. I don't want to purchase Finale, I prefer PrintMusic, it's simpler and...cheaper! I only need to score for Voice and Guitar, so no need for all the advanced features of Finale.

I'll try the expressions tool menu solution, I'll add the missing entries in miscellaneous, I should have thought about this earlier. And I'll also try to copy-paste in the manner you mentioned, if it works it will spare me a lot of time.

Thank you, have a good one!

Andreas.