No Line showing in playback

Discuss Finale PrintMusic here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

mtsalley
Finale Version: 2009
Operating System: Mac

Post by mtsalley » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:45 am

I am using PrintMusic 2009 and have been relatively happy with it through the years. Recently when using the playback function the line that normally follows the playback through the score has disappeared. At first I thought no big deal but I have found I do miss the little guy. Any ideas on what I might have done to make it disappear or better yet how to get it back? Thanks

cpenticuff
Finale Version: Finale 2001 - PC

Post by cpenticuff » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:05 pm

I have not used Print Music, as I have Finale. I do seem to recall that I had an issue with drivers for my graphics card once in the past that caused a similar issue. Have you upgraded your graphics driver lately? If not, check to see if there is a newer one available. If you have, you may want to try going back to an older driver.
Finale 2012c | Virtual Drumline 2.5.5

mtsalley
Finale Version: 2009
Operating System: Mac

Post by mtsalley » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:38 am

I found out it was Greeting Card. We downloaded it before the problem showed up. (I forgot we had downloaded it) I uninstalled it and playback now shows the line. Go figure. I am now trying to convince my wife that the line in playback is more important than Greeting Cards. I think I'll just load the greeting card program on her laptop and keep the desktop for PrintMusic!