Combine two staves into one

Discuss Finale PrintMusic here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

LariRudi

Post by LariRudi » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:54 am

I know how to do layers for "hymn type" notation.

But sometimes I do both, say melody and harmony on separate staves for various reasons. Now if I change my mind and want those two staves combined into one, sometimes to save paper, can I do it?

I've tried help in our "manuals" and on line, but don't know the key word to use for search.

I've been using PrintMusic quite a while and appreciate all it's qualities, and know that it has limitations...... If you're gonna say I need FINALE????????? ok, don't tell anybody, but I've had it a year and can't touch it because it doesn't recognize me as the owner, so I'll pursue that another day............ in the meantime, can I do it on PrintMusic?

Or tell me the keywords to search for.

thx,

LarryR
PC; Windows XP
Started NotePad 5/19/10, then
Got PrintMusic this evening; 5/24/10

LariRudi

Post by LariRudi » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:02 am

Yes, the hardest part of getting our OWN help is knowing what to ask; the key words, the jargon that is used in the help site. I found it............ IMPLODE. However it doesn't retain the instrument's "key"; ie, a Bb instrument is transposed into the concert key [as a C instrument], but I've got a way figured how to get around that ON FINALE; can't do it on PrintMusic, BUT, as I've said, I've owned the real Finale for [over a year?] and have not been able to use it because they don't "recognize" my serial number. If I remember correctly, I acquired it by downloading and paying for it on Finale's site, and thus have no hard copy of what that number IS... So I went and did a bunch of work, and find that now I can't save it.

Now I'm not a big complainer like I see some people are, wanting PrintMusic to do FAR MORE than it was designed to do [I've got WELL along with it for how many years? I don't know, 5?] It does VERY well............ and lately there's been a few features that I "need", and so last year, or 18 mos ago I acquired the real thing........... so I'm sure somebody will refer me to a site, and/or perhaps a phone number so that I can start putting my real Finale to good use.

Thank you,

Lawrence [Larry] E Rudnicki aka:
and you know my email address and telephone number.
LarryR
PC; Windows XP

LariRudi

Post by LariRudi » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:31 am

The stars and angels are smiling down on me tonight.............. everything is falling into place. I got it to understand my serial number, and I'm registered, and now I've IMPLODED, I mean FINALE imploded my staves and I'm able to SAVE my work. So my FIRST official use of Finale has begun........ but I'll bet I keep referring back to PrintMusic for the simple stuff.......

Witness and Testimonial. PrintMusic is GREAT..... at the price we paid for it, I have no complaints.

LarryR
PC; Windows XP