Remove vertical line joining systems

Discuss Finale PrintMusic here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

carlintn
Finale Version: PrintMusic 2011 PC
Operating System: Mac

Post by carlintn » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:36 pm

Hello all, I scanned some music into PM and it read it fairly well, except that some of the piano lines were separated into individual parts, which made it skip over some sections. I joined the two supposed-to-be piano staves with a brace, but it is still showing as a harmony part to the other piano part on the page. How do I remove the vertical line connecting the systems? (I tried to paste a screenshot here but it wouldn't paste; how to do this?)

Also, two of the parts it gives different names to...sometimes they are parts 2 or 3, other pages they are parts 6 and 7. How do I change this? Thanks!

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:24 pm

You are learning why most of us don't scan. By the time you find and correct the errors, you might as well have entered the notes correctly.

As a first suggestion, add a piano staff (Staff menu>New Staves...), and copy the scanned piano staves into it. That should take care of most of the problems. Delete the old staves.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

carlintn
Finale Version: PrintMusic 2011 PC

Post by carlintn » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:40 am

Thanks for the response. I did try adding a piano staff, but maybe I could look a little harder at the copy-and-delete thing.