De-authorizing PrintMusic2010 on a PC to get it on my NEW PC

Discuss Finale PrintMusic here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

LariRudi

Post by LariRudi » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:28 am

I don't even know the FIRST STEP, or the SITE to go to, AND a concern that they'll ask for numbers that I no longer remember WHERE they are, or maybe it's internal to the program and they/you can help me FIND it?

Smiling, yes, I have the new Finale [is it 25?] but am NOT proficient at it, so still need/love PrintMusic... maybe getting it moved too, will be the same procedure?

thx,

LarryR
PC; Windows XP
Started NotePad 5/19/10, then
Got PrintMusic this evening; 5/24/10

LariRudi

Post by LariRudi » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:00 am

LariRudi wrote:I don't even know the FIRST STEP, or the SITE to go to, AND a concern that they'll ask for numbers that I no longer remember WHERE they are, or maybe it's internal to the program and they/you can help me FIND it?

Smiling, yes, I have the new Finale [is it 25?] but am NOT proficient at it, so still need/love PrintMusic... maybe getting it moved too, will be the same procedure?

thx,

LarryR
What? I just got offered immediate help [from a 3rd party?] and they want $42.00. Can't Finale people help me?

thx,

LarryR
PC; Windows XP

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:29 pm

Go to finalemusic.com. Log in to your account. You will see the programs that you have registered, and you can deauthorize your PrintMusic. Load it on the new computer, and authorize it.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

LariRudi

Post by LariRudi » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:45 am

LariRudi wrote:
LariRudi wrote:I don't even know the FIRST STEP, or the SITE to go to, AND a concern that they'll ask for numbers that I no longer remember WHERE they are, or maybe it's internal to the program and they/you can help me FIND it?

thx,

LarryR
What? I just got offered immediate help [from a 3rd party?] and they want $42.00. Can't Finale people help me?

thx,

LarryR

I'm trying to reach SUPPOT at Finale, but they want my serial number.... that's my EXACT question, how do I find my serial number? Is it somewhere on my old computer in my PrintMusic2010 program?
Last edited by LariRudi on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
PC; Windows XP

LariRudi

Post by LariRudi » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:05 am

so now I've figured out how to DE-AUTHORIZE PrintMusic2010 on my OLD computer, but if I DO, how do I know that I'll be able to RE-authorize it on my new one? If I fail, I"ll have ruined my only usable program?

thx,

LarryR
PC; Windows XP

miker

Post by miker » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:32 am

LariRudi wrote:

I'm trying to reach SUPPOT at Finale, but they want my serial number.... that's my EXACT question, how do I find my serial number? Is it somewhere on my old computer in my PrintMusic2010 program?
The serial number should be in the program, in About PrintMusic, or whatever it is. I can’t confirm that on something that old, but that’s where you find it on the current products.

Did you read my comment about doing it online? Did you try that?
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

LariRudi

Post by LariRudi » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:01 pm

miker wrote:
LariRudi wrote:

The serial number should be in the program, in About PrintMusic, or whatever it is. I can’t confirm that on something that old, but that’s where you find it on the current products.

Did you read my comment about doing it online? Did you try that?
Thank you so much; it's there, I found it. You see it's SOOOO easy after I know the answer.

So do I download my programs FROM the Finale site "again" on the new computer, and just respond with the serial numbers requested?

Thanks,

LarryR
PC; Windows XP

miker

Post by miker » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:46 pm

Yes, that should be all you need to do.
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura