Korg Kontrol49 setup for Speedy Entry

Discuss Finale PrintMusic here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

PlatoLives

Post by PlatoLives » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:29 am

I use PrintMusic 2008 on WinXP, and also use a Korg Kontrol 49 keyboard connected through USB. The Korg works fine with other sequencers and soft synths, but I haven't been able to get it to work for speedy entry or hyperscribe.

The Korg has MIDI In, Port A and Port B as available options for the "MIDI In" column of the MIDI Setup dialog, and Ctrl and MIDI Out B for the "MIDI Out" column. PrintMusic plays audio when I use a soft synth for output, but as I said I can't get it to work with the keyboard. It seems like I've tried every possible option, but maybe I'm missing something. I'm not sure if it's a software setting, or some type of setting on the keyboard itself, that I should change. The folks at Korg are no help, so I'm sorry I have to bring this nonsense here. I hope I put this on the right section of the Forum...

I suppose all I need is for Finale to be able get the MIDI note on/off messages from the keyboard, but get the sounds from the SmartMusic SoftSynth.... but this is where I start to get confused and nothing seems to work. Luckily, I'm not a great pianist, so fixing this might only compound my problems. :?

Many thanks in advance. :) Emoticons are dumb. :twisted: