Only 32 bars?

Discuss Finale PrintMusic here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

alistairreeder

Post by alistairreeder » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:12 pm

I have just bought printmusic and am finding I can only write music that is 32 bars long. There is nothing mentioned on the website in the features list surely Finale isn't selling this product and omitting to mention this crucial detail.

Can anyone help me increase the amount of bars?

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:25 pm

Indeed you can add measures to the end of the document.

I'm not sure about PrintMusic.
It's my guess that the menu command you need, is located in the Edit menu.
Look for something like "Add Measures...".
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:18 am

In the Simple menu, check Create New Measures. Measures will be added automatically, as they are needed. Or, you can add them by using the selection tool, right-clicking in a measure, and choosing Add Measures...

You could also look up Measures in the Help Index.

Peaceful

Post by Peaceful » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:27 pm

..and in the Setup Wizard, on the key signature panel, there is a box in which you can enter the number of measures your heart desrires. I tested 128.

Peaceful

Post by Peaceful » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:32 pm

miker wrote:In the Simple menu, check Create New Measures. Measures will be added automatically, as they are needed. Or, you can add them by using the selection tool, right-clicking in a measure, and choosing Add Measures...

You could also look up Measures in the Help Index.
Under the "speedy note entry" menu, select "jump to next measure". Finale will add a new measure automatically any time you mess with the final (or last measure). to give you room to continue to add music; the alternative would be the need for you to add a new measure every time you needed one.

By the way, I de-selected this as I did not want to delete this extra measure every time when I did NOT need it. Different strokes!