Music not playing, and green bar/line

Discuss Finale PrintMusic here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

LariRudi

Post by LariRudi » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:43 am

I've tried several hours to get a post on the title "music not playing" approx 5 topics further down. It always says "No Post Mode" selected, or "Invalid Session"; I retyped until my fingers got sore : )

So here, for the person approx 5 topics down is my response to you, AND my similar problem with the green bar.

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Couple of thoughts;

[I consider myself still a beginner, so I have never yet used "MIDI" settings; and I'm restricted for now to "simple entry"]

1 My creations automatically get 10 measures of blanks; This gives the computer time to "catch up" with the music so that when it hits my music at measure 11, it starts playing. That's one thing that might be happening to you.

2 Then sometimes I do that, and it still doesn't play; well, that's when I go to the MIDI menu item and see that the "MIDI" choice is "checked"; so I choose "VST" and then my music plays.

3 Green bar line. I have two problems with it. On my own "creations", if I'm testing and listening to it repeatedly over a long period of time, the music starts to lag far behind the green bar. That bothers me, so I shut off the computer and re-boot. Then the green bar is right where it should be, and well co-ordinated with the music.

4 Another situation with the green bar line happens sometimes when I download music from the internet; Finale, of course. The music will play, but I have NO green line, and the music does NOT scroll across the screen so that I can't "see" what is being player; I can only hear it. Is it possible for THAT creator to program the green line "out" or off? How can I make it get back in, and make the music "scroll" during playback?

thx,

LarryR : )
PC; Windows XP
Started NotePad 5/19/10, then
Got PrintMusic this evening; 5/24/10