e with a macron

Discuss Finale PrintMusic here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

mkarg

Post by mkarg » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:55 pm

I have the need to use the letter "e" with a macron (the long vowel symbol above the letter. I discovered that if I use Times Roman and select Baltic script, I can use ALT 0231 to produce this symbol. The only trouble is that the program will not retain the Baltic setting. It reverts back to Western after the symbol insertion. I tried going into documents, doc options, fonts, lyrics and changing the script to baltic but Finale will not save the setting. Any ideas anyone?

I have Finale 2010 and Windows XP.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:05 pm

If I make the change to the text blocks in the Document options>Fonts, it holds for me. I don't know why it isn't doing that for you.

What you might try, is, make the setting, get your e macron, and copy it to the clipboard. Then, when you need to insert it, just CTRL+V to paste it in. If you copy and paste a lot of other stuff, then leave the original character on the score, and copy and paste it as needed.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

mkarg

Post by mkarg » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:59 am

miker wrote:If I make the change to the text blocks in the Document options>Fonts, it holds for me. I don't know why it isn't doing that for you.

What you might try, is, make the setting, get your e macron, and copy it to the clipboard. Then, when you need to insert it, just CTRL+V to paste it in. If you copy and paste a lot of other stuff, then leave the original character on the score, and copy and paste it as needed.
I have been using the copy/paste as you suggested. Thanks.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:04 am

Are you sure you are hitting Apply and OK after changing those settings in the Font options? After you do so, does it say so in the dialogue box?

I have no idea what's up with the attachment. But if you click on it and download it to your desktop, you will see what I'm talking about.
Attachments
font.JPG
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

mkarg

Post by mkarg » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:50 pm

mkarg wrote:
miker wrote:If I make the change to the text blocks in the Document options>Fonts, it holds for me. I don't know why it isn't doing that for you.

I have been using the copy/paste as you suggested. Thanks.
I found the solution. if you create a template with the script set to Baltic the program will save the setting.