Problems with Triplets and Printing

Discuss Finale Songwriter here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

CerpinTaxt
Finale Version: Songwriter, PC

Post by CerpinTaxt » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:30 pm

First, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to do two triplets in a row within one measure. I have a piece I'm arranging in 4/4 time, with two triplets of quarter notes/rests, but Songwriter won't let me do it. I can make one triplet fine, but when I start to make the other triplet, once I get to two quarter notes it won't let me put the third one in because it is already recognizing the measure as having 4 beats before I get the chance to make it into a triplet. How do I get past this?

Also, I was wondering if there is an easy way to print out individual staves. Right now the piece is written in a conductor's full score copy. I don't want to make 5 more files and rewrite each staff individually so I can print out each part by themselves. Is there a way to choose which staff to print out within this file?

Right now I'm just doing a trial run of the program because it's one of the cheaper ones and I don't have a ton of money to spare. So I figured if this program worked out fine then I wouldn't need anything more expensive, but...do I need a better version of Finale to do these two things?

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:14 pm

For the triplet question see the article Tuplets with Simple Entry at http://www.specialmillwork.com/finaletips.htm.

SongWriter can't extract parts individually. But you don't have to rewrite each part. The easiest way is to start with a copy of the score, delete all the parts but one, and print.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society