Condensing Staffs

Discuss Finale Songwriter here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Gare
Finale Version: SongWriter

Post by Gare » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:35 pm

I was sent a piece of music done in Finale. I have Finale Songwriter. It has 4 Staffs. 2 Treble and 2 Bass Clef. I need to have the music written on a single score with 2 parts on the upper treble clef and 2 parts written in the lower bass clef. When I attempt to copy and paste a part onto a new score it takes the first one and then deletes it when I try to add another part on the same staff.
Also one part needs to go from TenorII to Baritone in the Bass Clef and the other switches from the Bari in the Bass clef to TenorII. Sorry if this is an old question, but I have been combing the subjects for hours now and also the books and keep missing this. Can anyone help me? I am very new (2 weeks with software) Thank You !

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:04 pm

Did you put the notes in different layers? If you didn't, you can move the notes in lines 2 and 4 to layer 2, with the selection tool. Select the line, right-click, and choose Move/Copy layers... Then you can use "Show Active Layer Only" in the Document menu. This will let you hide Layer one, while you copy the notes in layer two into that staff.

If this talk about layers means nothing to you, go back and do the tutorials. It's a crucial part of finale.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

Gare
Finale Version: SongWriter

Post by Gare » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:32 pm

Thank you MIKER. I was finally able to work it out in my head of what I had to do to make this work once you put me on the right path to doing it. I have been able to put 2 parts on one Staff on different layers and when I go back and turn off the item of "show current layer only" both lines came up. This was done by copy and pasting from one score to a different one.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:55 am

Yep, that's how to do it!
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society