Whee is the diddle-dee-diddle coming from?

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

photowriters

Post by photowriters » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:10 pm

Just call me Mr McGoo. I'm sure the answer to this is in plain view, but I can't seem to find it. I have created a three staff arrangement of 17th century folk song. However, I added chords symbols and fret board to the piece, I am getting a six note arpeggio of the chord that starts just prior to beat four in each measure (the whole thing is in 4/4 time). If there are two chords in the measure, the playback includes two six note arpeggios one after the other.

I consulted the user manual and tried to follow the steps for preventing chord symbols from playing back. I chose the Instrument List from the Window Menu, clicked on the arrow next to the name of the staff that has the chords attached, tried to click on the square next to Chords in the P column as directed, but there was no P column. Not to be out smarted by a software package, I then unchecked all of the Play checkboxes for each chord symbol. All of this was to no avail.

My next step is to follow the directions provided the kind hearted, knowledgeable soul that responds to this post.
Regards,

Bob

-------------------

If someone declares that he is able to do everything at sixty that he was able to do at twenty, then he was not doing very much when he was twenty.

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:18 pm

I suppose that you are using Finale 2006?

Take a look in the window Playback Controls.

Is Human Playback on?
Human Playback could be the culprit, so setting Human Playback to None might fix the problem.

Peter
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996