Graphics in linked parts

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

bkennis
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by bkennis » Mon May 23, 2022 5:00 pm

I have a graphic that I'd like to size and position identically in all my linked parts. Is there a way to do that without having to go to each part, choosing edit graphics attributes, and manually manipulate the alignment and positioning? I have tried to attaching to all pages, but that only seems to put the graphic on the page, not in the right spot or as the right size.

Along the same lines - is there a way to attach a graphic to only one linked part? Or will I need to extract the parts and do it that way?

Thanks!
Brian

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27

Post by motet » Mon May 23, 2022 7:27 pm

On the Graphics menu, pick "assign new graphic to page" then attach it to the score. If you right-click after assigning it, you'll see positioning options. Be aware that the score and parts may have different margins, which might affect it. You can choose to position it from the page edge instead, if that's an issue.

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27

Post by motet » Mon May 23, 2022 7:32 pm

To assign to only one linked part, it looks like you have to attach it to the score (assigned to a page), right-click and uncheck "Show," then go to the part, right-click, and check Show.