Mid-measure clef change with layers

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

seimaki
Finale Version: 2012c Mac

Post by seimaki » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:33 am

Brand new to these fora, got stuck working on mid-measure clef changes. I have Bassoons in two layers, and want to switch from tenor to bass clef mid-measure. Finale seems to only allow me to change at the measure, and the two layers are the only reason I can see for this happening. I created a mid-measure clef change in another bar and tried to drag it into place as a work around, but it wouldn't move into the bar, stopped at the bar line.

I tested in other staves and moving clefs around was no problem.

Much thanks! :D

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:04 am

Welcome to the forum.

Are you using the "full Finale" - or one of its smaller siblings?

Which year? - 2012? - 2011? - 2010? - 2009?

I have not experienced that the presence of two layers should prevent a mid-measure clef change.
Perhaps there is something else going on in your .mus document?

I think we will need to see a (small) .mus sample document, since troubleshooting is "hit and miss" without seeing an actual document.
Before you can attach a .mus document in this forum, you must compress it, e. g. as a .zip file.
And the file size must not be more than max. 100 KB.
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

seimaki
Finale Version: 2012c Mac

Post by seimaki » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:28 pm

Using full 2012.

I somehow managed to make it work by dragging a clef back from a later point in the score. I think it may have been a glitch or something I did. I haven't had any problems and have done a lot of mid-measure clef changes since then in multiple layers.

Thanks!

:oops: