Soundfonts

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Will

Post by Will » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:59 pm

What soundfonts work well with Finale products and which provide a significant improvement in playback? I use a Soundblaster Audiology board on an intel P4 with tons of ram. TIA Will

Warren Barnett

Post by Warren Barnett » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:06 am

I played around with soundfonts a lot this past year. If you do a google or yahoo search for soundfonts you can download a ton of them. Some of them are good and some really ***. There is a program that I THINK you can download from the Creative Labs website that lets you play all sorts of games with sound fonts. I forget what it is called. Sorry. But it is a Creative Lab product. With it you can lift instruments from one soundfont and add them to another. This lets you pick and choose the sounds that you like best and combine them into a soundfont which turns your crank. You can even sample your own sounds and add them to a soundfont.

Warren Barnett

SFBlueK

Post by SFBlueK » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:56 am

I believe that program you're talking about is Audio HQ or Soundfont Bank....this comes installed on most soundblaster cards...you can find it in your control panel (Windows) in classic view.
D-Nice

Warren Barnett

Post by Warren Barnett » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:54 am

Actually, I checked it out and it is called Vienna. Should be avavilable for download at the Creative Labs site. I will check out the 2 that you mentioned.

Warren Barnett