Change Key mid measure

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Shiralee

Post by Shiralee » Mon May 30, 2005 6:05 am

I am using Finale 2005 to transcribe a piece in order to extract the parts (violin I, violin II, piano). At one point in the piece, for all parts, there is a change of key mid-measure - just before the pickup notes into the next section. The piece is in 3/4 time. In all parts there is a quarter note, double bar line with a fermata on top, key signature change and 4 eighth notes (the pickup notes into the next section). To complicate matters, in the left hand of the piano, there is also a clef change before the double bar line.

I know that I can put the key signature change AFTER the pickup notes. Maybe that would be the easiest way to do it. But I keep thinking that Finale should be able to insert this mid-measure. Any suggestions?

I am also having trouble putting the double bar line mid-measure. I managed to follow the instructions in the manual to do a single bar line mid-measure, but I would appreciate any suggestions (short of writing it in by hand).
Thanks

Peter S.
Finale Version: Finale 2009, 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by Peter S. » Mon May 30, 2005 7:39 am

The trick is that you have to create TWO measures, one with 1/4 and the other with 2/4! (You can have Finale to show 3/4 as time signature or you can just hide the time signature). Then you can get the double barline and the key signature change where you want it.

Peter