Alignment and Printing

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Drumtation

Post by Drumtation » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:42 pm

I am currently writing a Marching Percussion score, and I am having great trouble alligning the sticking with the notes, is there a defined way of producing stickings and if not whats the best way to do it, also is there a print preview? That would help tons.

marooncadets

Post by marooncadets » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:01 pm

Ok Drumtation, here's what I do.

I set up an expression for L and R (or whatever you need) and click it for the notes you need. Since it isn't affecting playback, you can move the expression to where you need it. When you set it up, make sure it is above the note.

Page view is basically the print view.

Diddles to ya

Jim

Warren Barnett

Post by Warren Barnett » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:38 am

The other way is just to enter the sticking as lyrics using the LYRICS - TYPE INTO SCORE option. Click on the note that you want to indicate the sticking for, and then type your R or L. Pressing the space bar moves to the next note. If you want to change the font or size of the letters then you have to choose LYRICS - EDIT LYRICS, then select the bunch of letters that you see and change the fonts there. The nice thing about using the LYRIC TOOL is that they are all at the same level on the page, and you can adjust that level up or down. If you need some sticking higher or lower because other notation is crowding it out for certain bars then choose LYRIC - SPECIFY CURRENT LYRIC to choose a different verse number and you can position that "verse" higher or lower. This is also useful if you need to type in piano, brass or woodwind fingerings, because they will all line up perfectly, one above the other no matter how you move the notes right or left.

Warren Barnett