Trying to understand how to expand stock template

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Jazz88
Finale Version: Finale26.2.2.493
Operating System: Mac

Post by Jazz88 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:43 pm

I believe there must be a simple answer here but my searches have not turned up anything .
I use the Jazz Band Template. I do my work in scroll view.
When I switch to page view, I expect to see landscape view....and I do, for the first two pages....but,

the later pages appear as portrait view, and the font size is different.
I can rework the pages to appear correct,(using page layout tools) but there must be a more efficient way.
Also, perhaps related to this, when I extract parts from the score, I must use the resize tool to get all the pages looking uniform.

I would be most grateful if someone could provide some insight into my problem.

Thanks!
Jazz88

Finale V25.5
Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.

Post by michelp » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:56 pm

New pages always adopt the parameters of the Page Format -> Score window. Obviously, they are not the ones used for the first 2 pages.
Either you adapt the parameters in that window and in the Page Layout Tool, Redefine All Pages
or
In the Page Layout Tool : select page 2 (as a reference) and in the menu, do a series of actions : apply page format and orientation, reduction, page and system margins to page 3 to ... (leave blank).
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

Jazz88
Finale Version: Finale26.2.2.493

Post by Jazz88 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:41 pm

Michelp,
Thanks so much for your reply. I will try those remedies.
Best regards,
Jazz88
michelp wrote:New pages always adopt the parameters of the Page Format -> Score window. Obviously, they are not the ones used for the first 2 pages.
Either you adapt the parameters in that window and in the Page Layout Tool, Redefine All Pages
or
In the Page Layout Tool : select page 2 (as a reference) and in the menu, do a series of actions : apply page format and orientation, reduction, page and system margins to page 3 to ... (leave blank).