Any workaround for the Add Measures bug?

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Djard » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:13 am

As in previous versions, my 2012 copy also has what I am regard is a pesky bug, where if you add measures at the end of a score, the tempo drags.

When starting a new work, I set more measures than I think I may need (for the above reason); but if I add a few extra measures later, Finale automatically locks the tempo to about 60 BPM, from several measures before that point.

In the past, I overcame the issue by deleting the original tempo assignment and re-entering it, or making sure "Final Bars" in unchecked in Human Playback Custom Style, or switching the HP to Standard, None, Jazz or some other genre. But this time the usual fiddling about with these settings failed.

Has anyone found a workaround to this problem?

Djard

Post by Djard » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:55 pm

I forgot to mention that adding a hidden tempo mark to restore the original speed also fails. In the attached file, the problem start in the middle of the second measure.

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:28 pm

I opened your attached document in Finale v25.
Hence I may not experience the same as you do.

Djard wrote:… In the attached file, the problem start in the middle of the second measure …
For me the problem starts in the middle of the first measure.

Djard wrote:… In the past, I overcame the issue by deleting the original tempo assignment and re-entering it, or making sure "Final Bars" in unchecked in Human Playback Custom Style, or switching the HP to Standard, None, Jazz or some other genre. But this time the usual fiddling about with these settings failed …
For me the problem goes away when I set Human Playback to None.
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

Djard

Post by Djard » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:19 pm

Changing the HP to another genre solved the. Thanks.

Since I had added measures more than on one occasion, I needed to select yet another HP genre. So each time I add measures, Finale inflicts the slowed tempo. Maybe if I set HP to "None" before adding measures, Finale will not corrupt the HP setting.