Removing a rest that shifts entire part

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

emmes
Finale Version: 25.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by emmes » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:46 am

Hi,

I'm arranging my first piece with Finale, so it's been quite a challenging process. So please bear with me. :?

I just discovered that there is an extra rest in the beginning of the piece that makes the entire score off by one beat. How do I remove the rest in a way that shifts the entire remainder of the part so that it lines up as intended?

I'm using Finale 25.5 for Windows.

Wendy

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:09 pm

Select the entire staff, from the note after that rest to the end, and drag it to the left by one beat. You will see a box around the selected group, so you can see how far to drag. This is generally easiest in scroll view.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

FwL
Finale Version: 2010, 25.5

Post by FwL » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:49 am

miker wrote:Select the entire staff, from the note after that rest to the end, and drag it to the left by one beat. You will see a box around the selected group, so you can see how far to drag. This is generally easiest in scroll view.
Ha! I was going to suggest that, but wanted to see what others might come up with.
A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules... often with the aid of unsuspecting musicians - Frank Zappa

emmes
Finale Version: 25.5

Post by emmes » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:44 am

That worked - thanks!!