Tenor Sax hide clef sign on new page

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

cepnoe
Finale Version: Finale 2012/2014
Operating System: Windows

Post by cepnoe » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:59 am

I'm using Finale 2012 (tested this also in 2014) to write a jazz chart that I want to hide courtesy clefs/key sign/time signatures on each page. I've been able to currently hide key signs/time signatures/clefs fine using options in Document Options and their respective tool but for two instruments. The two instruments that I'm having trouble hiding their respective clef sign for each page is the Bb Tenor Sax and Eb Bari Sax (I am able to hide each clef throughout the systems within the page). I believe the problem I'm facing is that both of these instruments use the bass clef for "Display in Concert Pitch' setting and when I try to hide clef on it shows up a bass clef. Hiding the clef using the Clef Tool - Show Clef - Never on the first measure 2nd page on doesn't do anything and trying to change clef to treble from beginning and hiding that measure results the same. I know i can use Staff tool - Staff Attributes - uncheck clef and that does hide all clefs, but I still want the first clef to show.

I've also tried changing the clef in Score Manager - Transposition - other to treble clef and still can't hide that clef on each new page while having up M9 transposition on. The only workaround I found set the transposition to Down M2 and raise everything up an octave for export. Is there way to hide clef sign each new page Bb Tenor Sax/Eb Bari without resorting the my only workaround above. I would like to still have playback in the right octave. I sense this is just a bug that got fix in the later versions.

Thanks.

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27

Post by motet » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:42 am

Make a staff style that turns off clefs and apply it to all but the first measure. You can turn off key signatures and time signatures at the same time.

cepnoe
Finale Version: Finale 2012/2014

Post by cepnoe » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:40 pm

Yup that worked, thanks for showing me a new feature to me!