Can a page be copied & pasted into another document?

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Djard » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:24 pm

The manual asserts that pages can be copied and pasted or dragged across documents. I tried the Page Layout Tool without success, tiling two documents horizontally as instructed.

I can use successfully the Copy & Paste feature in Selection Tool then use the "Fit Measures" tool in Utilities, but that hardly constitutes page pasting. Is there a way to actually perform what the manual claims is possible?

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27

Post by motet » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:33 pm

Do you have a quote for that assertion in the manual? As far as I know, you can copy and paste notes and markings between documents, but not formatting, so perhaps you've misunderstood.

There is something called JW Copy Part Layout or somesuch, but I haven't used it.

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26

Post by Djard » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:00 pm

My mistake. While looking up the options in the Page Layout Tool section of the manual, I went on to the Copy section that does not mention pages, only measures. I still had pages in mind. Sorry.

Thanks for reminding me of JW plugins, I will look among those.

What I have done in the past is use the Selection tool, copy and insert a page of measure then use the "Fit Measures" in Utilities to restore the layout. A bit messy, but it works.