Exporting parts of audio

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

kk232304
Operating System: Mac

Post by kk232304 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:26 am

Hi everyone! I'm new to finale- hoping you can help out with this:

I created an arrangement in finale and want to export audio files to send so people can learn their parts. I want to isolate a single track (for each singer), and only export a section of the arrangement (the section where they sing). I achieved this by soloing the track I wanted in the Mixer window, and checking "Observe playback region" in Playback Controls, respectively. Then I exported to audio file and it worked fine...but then when I moved on to the next selection and tried exporting it, instead of the quick little pinwheel that indicates the file is being created, Finale starts playing the arrangement automatically. The audio file is still created, but when I play it, it's silent. Help! :shock:

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Djard » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:41 pm

I would "Extract" the specific score parts then--before "Export" of audio--edit each part. In each extracted part, you can quickly edit out (delete) all measures, except the ones you want to keep. In this manner, your MP3 files will be small and play only the targeted sections.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:15 pm

Just as a BTW, when I do learning tracks in the mixer, I set the “primary” track to full volume to pan full left, and the other parts at volume 50, all panned to the right. This way, they hear their part louder, but can use the other parts for timing, cues, etc.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society