Two Language Versions of Finale

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Nick Mazuk
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by Nick Mazuk » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:17 pm

Hi Everyone,

Do you know if it's possible to have both the Italian version and English version of Finale loaded on one computer at the same time?

Thanks,

Nick
Nick

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:01 pm

I'll share an experiment I made a few years ago (2011 ?). Next to my main Finale 2011 in English, I installed the French demo (I needed it to make tutorials related to the French version).
As both are separate programs, it worked. I think I was able to open both at the same time, if I remember correctly.
But there were a few downsides : I remember a.o. that the plug-ins menu had a mix of 2 languages. Quite confusing, so I decided to remove both versions completely and did a clean install of just 1 version, the English one. It cleaned the problems.
A safer way would be to create a partition on the computer, with completely separated versions of Finale. But then you probably won't be able to haven both versions open at the same time.
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua