frozen cursor

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

joseluis

Post by joseluis » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:52 pm

Hi!. I have just learnt how to use the Pause button in Finale 14 Windows without restarting from the beginning. Quite happy!.

But now I would like to have a sort of a mark at the place where I have paused. For example, the green cursor triangle that runs on the notes during playback could stay frozen but visible during the pause. It is useful for me to know where it is paused during error corrections playbacks.
Is there anything equivalent I could use to cue the place where I pause a playback?
Thanks a lot!

Michel R E
Finale Version: Finale 2012, 25, 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Michel R E » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:55 pm

if you play back while in scroll view, just set the playback controls to "play from leftmost measure" and it will simply start from whatever measure happens to be left-most on the screen at that moment.

it also does work similarly in page view, though it starts from whichever left-most measure is also at the top, so make sure that any system above where you want playback is not showing (in other words, be zoomed in enough). But it works best in scroll view.
User of Finale since version 3.0 on Windows.
Now using a mix of Finale 2012, Finale 25, and 26.1
GPO, Garritan Solo Stradivari violin, Gofriller Solo Cello.
XSamples Chamber Ensemble.
Absolute convert to NotePerformer3.

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by zuill » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:19 am

Also, if you select playback to start at "Current Counter Setting", playback will start right where you ended (mid measure included), and go from there. The green line doesn't show when stopped or paused, but the counter window shows exactly where you stopped (measure, beat, and fraction of beat).

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."