Using Multiple VEP Instances (> 16 Instruments) In Finale And Cubase

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

webs
Finale Version: Finale V26
Operating System: Mac

Post by webs » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:37 am

I am currently using Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 with Finale V26 and with Cubase Pro 10.5 (on an iMacPro)

I have been using one VEP Instance (with 16 Instruments) in both programs

But now I need to use more than 16 active connected instruments, and have no idea how to do this in either Finale or Cubase

Is there a step-by-step setup procedure for either or both of these programs.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated

heinzfan
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by heinzfan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:36 pm

You might be better off addressing this type of question to the Vienna forum: https://www.vsl.co.at/community/forums
I use Vienna Ensemble and the Vienna samples with Finale. When I need to open a new channel bank in Ensemble, in the Finale Score Manager's Device column, next to the instrument I want to add to the new bank I select Vienna Ensemble from the drop down menu. In the "bank" column I choose "Next Available." Alternately you could go to Midi/Audio menu, VST Banks and Effects, and select your device from the drop down on one of the free Banks. I use Windows so I don't know if it's the same with Mac. Also, VEP and Cubase may behave differently from my setup. That's why I suggest you check out the VSL forum.
Finale 27, Windows 10, VST: Vienna Instruments/Ensemble/Synchron, Cubase, Kontakt 5

webs
Finale Version: Finale V26
Operating System: Mac

Post by webs » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:31 pm

Thank you for your response, Heinzfan
I have posted the same question on Cubase and Vienna forums
I have an answer from Vienna (not the forum), that I am trying but still have a few questions
I am aware of the options you mention, but I thank you for taking the time to help ... its people like you who make forums so useful.
Best Regards
webs