How to turn on/off one part

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

rpoepa

Post by rpoepa » Mon May 17, 2021 2:53 am

I have a two-piano score and I'm only hearing one piano.

Here's the thing: I probably did that to myself, and I can't remember what I did if anything. I intend to use this for practicing, with Finale playback only playing the Piano 2 part and myself playing the Piano 1 part live.

But while editing it, I'd like to hear both parts, and Piano 1 is silent right now.

I've checked the mixer and nothing is muted and volume appears the same for both parts. I've checked the Score Manager that also shows M(ute) and S(olo) options for each piano, and nothing is checked there.

So is there some other setting that could be muting the Piano 1 part? I must have read it and done it and forgotten what I did.
Attachments
Gershwin Concerto Notes.musx
(121.16 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Mon May 17, 2021 4:08 am

Both pianos play for me through MIDI. Perhaps it has to do with VST/Aria player.

rpoepa

Post by rpoepa » Mon May 17, 2021 4:28 am

I never heard of that, but that gave me the clue to look at ARIA player. I found Instrument 2 assigned to Steinway Piano and Instrument 1 assigned to nothing. When I set it to Steinway Piano, the sounds work. I hear both pianos.

I don't really understand what I just did, I don't think this is something that I ever set before, and I hope I haven't made a change that will affect other files. But it solved this problem. Thank you!