Change Song Title / Adding Instruments in Finale Songwriter?

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

runngdog

Post by runngdog » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:28 pm

Just a beginner, so apologies in advance for the dumb question for which I've been unable to find an answer in the SongWriter manual.

I created a new song in SongWriter using the Setup Wizard. I gave it a tentative title and inserted 2 instruments initially. Now I want to change the title to my final title, but I can't figure out how to do that. I also want to add a 3rd instrument to the piece, and again I can't figure out how to do that. How do you get back into the Setup Wizard and revise basic song parameters like title, composer, number of instruments, etc.?

at8ax
Finale Version: PC 2014.5, 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by at8ax » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:38 pm

If Songwriter parallels Finale, you want to use the Text tool (looks like a letter A) to change your title -- you have to be in Page view to do it. And you should be able to add a staff using the Staff tool (treble clef symbol) -- Scroll view is better here.

runngdog

Post by runngdog » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:24 pm

Thanks - the text tool worked for changing the title. Unfortunately, the staff tool will not let me add more staffs, and according to MM support there's no way to do so. I simply have to create a whole new project with additional staffs and then cut and paste the entire 1st piece to the new one -- which is a huge pain in the neck, given that I almost never know in advance exactly how may parts I may want to write into a song.

guillaumix

Post by guillaumix » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:00 am

Menu: File > Document informations
there you can edit title, compositor, ...