Lay out

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Hucbald
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by Hucbald » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:54 pm

Hello,

I am terribly sorry if this problem was already addressed somewhere. I cannot seem to find the solution.

So I accidentally rearranged I don't know what to call them. I'll show in the picture. These things( see photo) , don't know their names, used to be all in one horizontal line next to each other. I don't know how I changed their place but now I don't know how to put them back.
Attachments
Finale forum 1.PNG

heinzfan

Post by heinzfan » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:53 pm

Just drag the left-hand border of the palette to the position you want. Be sure that in Edit/Preferences/View that "save window states..." and "load window states..." boxes are checked so it will save your palette positions.
Finale 27, Windows 10, VST: Vienna Instruments/Ensemble/Synchron, Cubase, Kontakt 5

ttw
Finale Version: 27.4

Post by ttw » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:54 pm

It looks like these are the "movable" menu boxes. They can be moved by "grabbing" them by handles on one of the corners (I forgot which one). Move the mouse cursor around the corners until something shows (that's my protocol)then drag the menu box to the desired place. I do it a lot but I don't remember the particulars.

Hucbald

Post by Hucbald » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:58 pm

Ah I see what happened. I wasn't on full screen and the white vertical line on the left of each palette wasn't showing. It is indeed very easy. Thank you so much for your advice.

Kind regards

BurtGoldstein
Operating System: Mac

Post by BurtGoldstein » Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:18 pm

Can "window States" be saved and loaded in Finale 27.3 for Mac?
There is no option to do so in Edit/Preferences/Vie as you state there is in Windows.

I have a score view and a scroll view and have placed them on the screen along with my selection of tools on one of my 3 monitors just the way I like it.

EVERY TIUME I open Finale, bursting with inspiration for my composition, I am slowed by the need to recreate the way the file looked when I last sacved it.

This "feature" seems unique to Finale! My DAWS, spreadsheets, word processing and other Mac apps open looking like the way I saved them.

Why is this so hard for Finale?

OR Am I just getting old and cranky and there's an obvious preference I am missing after 10 minutes of searching the manual and the Internet? (ALWAYS a possibility! ;-) )
Last edited by BurtGoldstein on Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:54 pm

I can’t recreate the problem. Mine stay where I put them.

I wonder if it’s because you use multiple monitors? Is there such a thing as primary and secondary monitor assignments?
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.

Post by michelp » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:18 am

My experience is that Finale doesn't memorize the position of palettes (and the playback widow) when working on 2 monitors (Mac).
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

BurtGoldstein

Post by BurtGoldstein » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:01 pm

Hi,

Thanls for responding. Here's a way to test with one monitor if your windows open as you save them.

Could you try opening 2 windows of your project by picking the Window-New Window command.
Put one Window in Page and the Other in scroll.
Scroll to bar 5 in one window and bar 10 in the other, or something.
Save
Quite Finale
Open Finale
Load the File

What do you see?